Submit a Recipe
M & T's Special
Submitted by: Tom
Coopers Light Malt extract
1 lb light dry malt extract
1 lb Carapils
1 lb crystal malt - 20°L
0.5 lb crystal malt - 60°L
0.25 lb pale chocolate malt
0.5 lb Belgian biscuit malt
0.75 oz Northern Brewer leaf hops (60 min)
1 oz East Kent Golding leaf hops (45 min)
0.75 oz East Kent Golding leaf hops (15 min)
0.25 oz East Kent Golding leaf hops (1 min)
1 pkg White Labs English Ale Yeast
1 cup light dry malt extract priming
1) Steep grains in 150-180° F brewing water (amount of water determined by
the size of your pot) for 15-20 minutes. Then remove.
2) Mix in dry malt extract. Bring to boil, watch for boilover.
3) After hot break, add 3/4 oz Northern Brewer leaf hops. After 15 minutes add 1 oz East
Kent Golding leaf hops. After another 30 minutes add malt extract syrup (Be careful not to
scorch) and 3/4 oz East Kent Golding leaf hops. Add 1/4 oz East Kent Golding leaf hops
with 1 minute left in boil.
4) Cool contents of pot to 70-80° (cool to the touch), put into fermenter, top up with
additional water if necessary to make 5 gallons.
5) Add yeast, ferment using your preferred methods.
Notes: This recipe won 3rd prize in the English Pale Ale
category in the 1999 Brew Debut competition.
The Bathtub Brewers-Connecting Brewers Through the
Power of the Internet.
Copyright © 1998,1999 The Bathtub Brewers. All rights reserved.